Viña Santa Rita was founded in 1880 by Don Domingo Fernández Concha, a prominent businessman and public man of the time. Don Domingo introduced fine French wines to the privileged soils of the Maipo valley and incorporated specialized machinery, which added to the hiring of winemakers of the same nationality allowed him to produce wines with techniques and results far superior to those traditionally obtained in Chile, changing the way of making wines in our country.
In 1980, the winery passed into the hands of the Claro Group, taking a huge qualitative and business leap. Large investments are made, which allow an increase in exports in the late 1980s. In addition, important technological innovations are carried out that made it possible to produce higher quality wines.
Since then Viña Santa Rita has worked with the best and most advanced technology to produce wines of superior and competitive quality in each of the segments where it participates, the result of which is observed in the various awards and distinctions it has received throughout history.