The Cúneo family, of Italian origin, founded Casas del Bosque in 1993 in the Casablanca Valley, located 70 kilometers from Santiago, the capital of Chile, and 30 kilometers from the port of Valparaíso, a UNESCO Cultural Heritage Site. The large and ancient forests of pine and olive trees, and some small white adobe houses, gave rise to the name “Casas del Bosque”. Today, the winery owns a unique 235-hectare vineyard, exclusively dedicated to the production of cold-climate varieties such as Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, Pinot Noir and Syrah. Cabernet Sauvignon and Carmenere come from carefully managed vineyards in Maipo, Colchagua and Cachapoal. The annual production of Casas del Bosque reaches 1.2 million bottles of wine, mainly made with grapes from our vineyard, exporting 80% of the production to more than 50 markets, distributing the remaining 20% in Chile. The soils of Casas del Bosque are of volcanic origin and were formed 110 million years ago under the Pacific Ocean and are its main asset. Compounds of shallow red clay on a decomposed granite substrate, they give the wines a unique flavor, characteristic of sea salt. Casas del Bosque is one of the most prestigious vineyards in the Casablanca Valley. In 2010, Le Winery Guide, Brazil, became “The Best Winery to Visit in Chile” and its Tanino restaurant was chosen as one of the best gastronomies by the Canadian magazine Wine Access. Later, in 2013 and 2014, in the United Kingdom the winery was recognized as “The Chilean Wine Producer of the Year” in the “International Wine & Spirits Competition”.